Hi, this blog is no longer maintained, my new blog is here

Ruby On Rails and a Conning Israeli entrepreneur

Free idea: pastie like installation instructions

Sometimes when I google for installation instructions (for a gem, plugin whatever) I come across with blog posts containing old and out of dated installation instructions (old versions for example).
Why not create a pastie like engine for people to create and search for the most updated instructions? This engine should be smart enough to get a URL/svn/git/FTP address and fetch the latest file for each entry.
Of douse, a widget for bloggers should be mandatory.
I don't have the time to do it alone, if anyone feels like picking up this glove with me, just tell me.

2 comments:

  Jerome

November 30, 2008 at 5:32 PM

extending http://www.yorails.com/ ?

  Elad Meidar

November 30, 2008 at 10:25 PM

i don't catch your drift.
how exactly yorails has something to do with that idea, maybe extending pastie. :)


The Web Ask eizesus.com

Subscribe

    follow me on Twitter

    Twiters Around

    About Me

    My photo
    I am a web developer for more than 9 years, managed, cried, coded, designed and made money in this industry. now trying to do it again.

    Labels