Hi, this blog is no longer maintained, my new blog is here

Ruby On Rails and a Conning Israeli entrepreneur

Customize Logger message format

I Hate these long, frustrating long messages coming out on me when i look at the log. They are long, and needed a refreshing change for my opinion.

here is what i found:
There is a method which is responsible for the actual STDOUT printing for the log file, it's called Logger#format_message. I decided to overrun it in a more pretty way.

I created a /lib library called logger_format.rb and required it in environment.rb,

  1. class Logger
  2. def format_message(level, time, progname, msg)
  3. "#{time.to_s(:long)} -- #{msg}\n"
  4. end
  5. end
for example.
try it out and feel free to modify the output structure at will.


The Web Ask eizesus.com


    follow me on Twitter

    Twiters Around

    About Me

    My Photo
    I am a web developer for more than 9 years, managed, cried, coded, designed and made money in this industry. now trying to do it again.